Just an update to remind folks that fishing in Yellowstone National Park opens on Memorial Day (Monday, May 28th, 2012).
I just returned from a tour through the park, and with the current water/snowpack situation, I think we’re going to have excellent fishing conditions this year, right out the gate for the opener. As soon as we have more detailed info about hatches, etc. in YNP, we’ll be sure to post a report here.
Yellowstone NP Fishing licenses have increased slightly for 2012:
- 3-Day YNP Fishing License -$18
- 7-Day YNP Fishing License – $25
- Seasonal YNP License – $4o
Anglers 16 years of age and older are required to purchase a Yellowstone National Park Fishing Permit to fish anywhere within the YNP park boundary.
Anglers 15 and younger have two options:
1) Children 15 and younger may fish without a permit if they are fishing under the direct supervision of an adult who has a valid park fishing permit, or
2) Children 15 and younger may obtain a free permit that must be signed by a responsible adult; with this permit, a child can fish without direct adult supervision.